the fashionable Stresa and the amazing Islands on Lake Maggiore on a day trip from Milan. Set in Italy's beautiful Lake District just 1.5-hour drive from Milan, Lake Maggiore is surrounded by the
majestic Alps and home to some of Italy's most impressive gardens. After some free time for shopping in Stresa, you will take a two-hour panoramic boat cruise on the lake, visiting the Borromean
Islands- Isola Madre, Isola dei Pescatori and Isola Bella.
On the borders of Piedmont, Lombardy and Switzerland, Lake Maggiore, also known as Verbano is the second largest Italian lake. Your visit will start in Stresa and here you will have free time to explore this quiet and fascinating little town, try some typical food or indulge in some shopping before taking a stunning lake cruise.
On board you will enjoy the view of exquisite lakeside villas and lush gardens surrounded by crystal blue waters set amidst the beauty of snow capped alps.
First, we pass the exotic Isola Madre, home to a 20 acre park that is considered one of the most impressive in Italy before heading back in time to the simple life of Isola dei Pescatori where you will have free time to explore, shop or enjoy a light lunch. The next stop will be the luxurious Isola Bella with the elaborate gardens of the Borromean Palace surrounded by boutiques and cafés housed in grand historic buildings. Finally, you will re-join the boat and cruise back to Stresa for your return to Milan.
Tour in English Every Monday and Sunday
Largo Cairoli, 18 (MM1 Cairoli - MM2 Lanza)
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Boat cruise
- Entrance to Palazzo Borromeo with guided visit and Isola Bella Gardens
- Hotel pickup (if option selected)
- Tips (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Our Pick up service takes place in the center of Milan. The bus takes approximately one hour to Pick up all of the passengers, subject to traffic conditions and the number of passengers booked for that particular tour. For this reason, pick up times are shown as an interval "Starting from 7:30" means that we will pick up you at your hotel at 7:30 or later in order to be in time for the beginning of the tour.
- Times subjected to organization and/or traffic problems